How to persist user sign-in information of Zoom VDI in a non-persistent Horizon VDI using DEM
Updated: Jan 20
VMware Horizon View 7.x / 8.x
VMware Dynamic Environment Manager (DEM)
Zoom VDI Client ( 5.x or above )
Users are prompted to enter Zoom signin information every time when they logged in to Horizon Non-Persistent ( Floating ) pool.
Note : Regular Zoom Desktop application and Zoom VDI application configurations are different.
Create the Application configuration item for Zoom application using VMware Dynamic Environment Manager (DEM) and capture the required settings, which will roam the settings across VDI session.
1. Start the VMware Dynamic Environment Manager management console and navigate to required directory where you want to download the default Zoom config from market place & then update the Config with following additional details.
2. Click Download Config Template.
Browse to and select a location for the configuration file.
Search for the template Zoom & Click on Next.
Select the Check box, then Save & Close.
3. Once the application is saved, double click on the application & navigate to Import / Export tab, then update the settings as mentioned below.
Note - Updated config file can be downloaded from GitHub & link mentioned in end of the page.
[IncludeFiles] <AppData>\Zoom\data\Zoom.us.ini <AppData>\Zoom\data\zoomus.enc.db <AppData>\ZoomVDI\data\Zoom.us.ini <AppData>\ZoomVDI\data\zoomus.enc.db [IncludeFilesRecursively] <AppData>\ZoomVDI\data\client.config <AppData>\Zoom\data\client.config [ExcludeFiles] *.tmp *.log *.zip
4. Navigate to DirectFlex tab, Enable DirectFlex for this config file, under the "executables" tab add below files path as shown below
5. Click on the "Save Config File"
Once the application configuration is updated in DEM console & applied, you can test by logging in to a Horizon VDI Pool, login zoom first time and configure the required settings, then log off from the desktop pool & re-login to validate all the settings are persistent.